EUROHANDFEET.A study on the anthropometric characteristics of the European children’s population to improve the safety, ergonomics and psychomotricity of products for children. (…) (2nd year)
The main aim of this project is to create and give tools to companies in the Valencia community region so they can include anthropometric information from different European markets in the process of designing children’s products.
The purpose is to generate anthropometric information about the European children’s population and give design tools to companies for them to design children’s products.
To do so, the following activities are planned:
1. Obtain tables with anthropometric data about the hands and feet of the Spanish children’s population from 4 to 14 years of age.
2. Create tables with anthropometric data about the European children’s population from 0 to 14 years of age by using data published so as to have up-to-date information about body measurements in order to design children’s products.
3. Update ergonomic, safe and usable design criteria obtained in the ERGOKIDS project.
4. Transfer the design criteria and anthropometric tables to the industries involved.
5. Develop virtual mannequins (digital human models) representative of the European children’s population by age ranges for use in CAD software to support development of products in their phases of conceptualisation, detailed design and validation.
Participants and collaborating companies
Children and childcare
Instituto de Biomecánica (IBV)
Duration and reference no.
Start date: 01-01-2017
End date: 31-01-2018
Project reference no.: IMDEEA/2017/55
Project funded by IVACE as part of the aid programme for technological centres in the Valencia community region to carry out R&D projects of a non-economic nature in cooperation with companies for the 2017 fiscal year, 50% co-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) through the 2014-2020 ERDF Operational Programme for the Valencia Community region.