Transfer the real 3D world to interactive creative endeavours in apparel industry (INKREATE)
InKreate solves the problems holding back the implementation of low cost 3D scanners and 3D sketching tolos by helping the European creative apparel SMEs to reduce the timing and the cost of the design process.
InKreate aims to create useful designing tools for:
1. All fashion and industrial design professionals who either work independently or for companies of different sizes.
2. SMEs that either house design development or offer design services to other companies.
Then, the specific objectives are:
1. Leverage "low cost" scanning daily devices (e.g. smartphone and tablets) for producing 3D bodies ready to use by CAD and sketch tools. This objective offers the possibility of creating personalized mannequins for customized designs.
2. Creation of libraries of statistical avatars from representative databases of a target population. InKreate will adapt existing techniques that allow the consistent and objective generation of statistically representative mannequins corresponding, for instance, to the average shape or specific morphotypes relevant for clothing conceptualisation, design and fitting.
3. Reduce the period for designing a new clothes collection with a new 3D Sketch tool. The tool should allow real freehand drawing in real measurements, and facilitate precosting analysis. The tool will allow designers to draw in 3D over 3D body shapes.
Participantes y empresas cooperantes
Instituto de Biomecánica (IBV)
BROWZWEAR INTERNATIONAL LTD
FUTURE IN TEXTILES ASSOCIATION
ASSOCIACAO TEXTIL E VESTUARIO DE PORTUGAL
ASOCIACION TEXTIL DE GALICIA
CONFECCIONES M.R.F. SA
TITERA, TEHNICNO INOVATIVNE TEHNOLOGIJE, DOO
KATTY FASHION SRL
P&R TEXTEIS SA
Duración y referencia
Fecha de inicio: 01-01-2017
Fecha de finalización: 30-06-2018
Referencia del proyecto: H2020-ICT-2016-1 731885
This project has received funding from the European Unions Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 731885.