How to design age-friendly workplaces
Training contents of a course should cover some important issues for a human-centered design, integrating knowledge in ergonomics, safety and health at work, aged-people and productivity:
1. Application of human-centered knowledge to design workplaces, equipment and tools.
2. Design workplaces considering international standard requirements.
3. Define the rules to make an appropiate tasks assignment based on matching between workers' capabilities, skills and knowledge and job demands of worksites.
The aim of this course is to provide tools, recommendations and design criteria with the aim of improving health, comfort and efficiency of aged workers through the ergonomic suitability of these. And give professionals the necessary knowledge to design or to propose improvements at workplaces, as well as to provide criteria to determine which requirements must be met new equipment or tools to be used by aged-people.
The specific objectives of the course are the following:
1. To know the areas of application of ergonomics.
2. To study the basic ergonomic criteria to consider in design of workplaces.
3. To incorporate the ergonomic design of work environments.
4. To define the concept of active ageing.
5. To understand the importance of body dimensions in the design of worksites and learn the relationship between anthropometric dimensions and design of the workplace.
6. To know the most important changes in functional capacity of agedpeople and how it can affect to the performance at workplace, when the Ergonomics criteria are applied in the design of the workplaces.
7. To study the impact of ageing on the balance between physical workload and physical capacity of workers.
Participantes y empresas cooperantesSector:
Instituto de Biomecánica (IBV)
Université Grenoble Alpes
Duración y referencia
Fecha de inicio: 01-01-2017
Fecha de finalización: 31-12-2017
Referencia del proyecto: 17149